Your shower head is one of the most important parts of your bathroom. Not only does it provide you with the much-needed water to start your day, but it also can be a breeding ground for bacteria and mold if not properly cleaned. Here are some tips from the experts at Bath Planet of Birmingham on how to clean your shower head and keep it looking and functioning at its best:
- Unscrew the shower head from the pipe and soak it in vinegar overnight. This will help loosen any buildup that has accumulated on the shower head.
- In the morning, use a toothbrush to scrub away any remaining residue. Rinse the shower head well and screw it back onto the pipe.
- Run hot water through the shower head for a few minutes to remove any residual vinegar.
- Once a week, fill a baggie with vinegar and tie it around the shower head so that the vinegar can soak into the shower head overnight. This will help prevent future buildup and keep your shower head clean.
- If you notice any mold or mildew on your shower head, you can use a bleach solution to clean it. Simply mix one part bleach with 10 parts water and soak a cloth in the solution. Wring out the cloth and wrap it around the shower head, making sure that all of the affected areas are covered. Let it sit for about an hour before rinsing it off with hot water. Repeat this process if necessary until all of the mold or mildew is gone.
Keeping your shower head clean is important for both aesthetics and function. By taking these simple steps, you can ensure that your shower head will last for years to come. And if you ever need help with a bathroom remodeling project, be sure to call Bath Planet of Birmingham at 205-236-5952 – we’re always happy to help!